Gedanken sentence example
- According to Prince Bismarck's own account of the matter, as given in his Gedanken and Erinnerungen, these negotiations were initiated by the chancellor, who, between the 5th and 9th of November 1870, entertained pourparlers with Archbishop Ledochowski on the question of the territorial interests of the pope.
- An improved edition of this tractate was published in 1816, under the title Gedanken fiber Bibel and Bibellehre, and in the same year appeared Was war die Bibel den ersten Christen?
- See Richard Pahner, Veit Ludwig von Seckendorff and seine Gedanken fiber Erziehung and Unterricht (Leipzig, 1892), the best sketch of Seckendorf's life, based upon original sources.
- 4to); Novae et correctae tabulae ad loca lunae computanda (ibid., 1746, in 4to); Tabulae astronomicae solis et lunae (ibid., 4to); Gedanken, &c., or Thoughts on the Elements of Bodies (ibid.
- These include his own memoirs, published after his death, under the title Gedanken and Erinnerungen; there is an English translation, Bismarck: his Reflections and Reminiscences (London, 1898).Advertisement
- In 1687 he made the daring innovation of lecturing in German instead of Latin, and in the following year published a monthly periodical (Scherzhafte and ernsthafte, verniinftige and einfdltige Gedanken ilber allerhand lustige and niitzliche Bucher and Fragen) in which he ridiculed the pedantic weaknesses of the learned, taking the side of the Pietists in their controversy with the orthodox, and defending mixed marriages of Lutherans and Calvinists.