Gaudens sentence example
- An equestrian statue, by Saint Gaudens, was unveiled at New York in 1903, and another at Washington in the same year.
- When the storm had discharged itself in the Japanese war, reasonable statesmen on both sides, King Edward, Lord Lansdowne, and the Russian Foreign Minister Isvolsky, changed the course both for Great Britain and for Russia, and thus frustrated the plans of the tertius gaudens.
- Of the many statues of President Lincoln in American cities, the best known is that, in Chicago, by St Gaudens.
- There is a fine statue of him by St Gaudens in Chicago.
- In Merrick Park, adjoining the City Library, there is St Gaudens's famous statue of "The Puritan," commemorative of Deacon Samuel Chapin, one of the early settlers of the city.Advertisement
- Holland, whose grave is marked by a medallion by St Gaudens.
- His wife, Helena de Kay, a grand-daughter of Joseph Rodman Drake, assisted, with Saint Gaudens and others, in founding the Society of American Artists, now merged in the National Academy, and the Art Students' League of New York.