Gas-works sentence example
- The town owns the water-supply, gas-works and electric-lighting.
- The corporation has acquired the gas-works, the cable tramways (leased to a company), the electric lighting of the streets, and the water-supply from the Pentlands (reinforced by additional sources in the Moorfoot Hills and Talla Water).
- In the first method reciprocating bells, or piston machines, or rotary machines of varying capacity like gas-works exhausters, are employed.
- Large quantities of ammonia and ammonium salts are now obtained from the ammoniacal liquor of gas-works.
- Many of the ammonium salts are made from the ammoniacal liquor of gas-works, by heating it with milk of lime and then absorbing the gas so liberated in a suitable acid.Advertisement
- Large gas-works of the Newcastle and Gateshead Gas Company are also situated in the borough.
- Hence hydro- at many gas-works where it is found necessary to do so carbons.
- In Germany, at several important gas-works, non-luminous water gas is passed into the foul main or through xi.