Gamboa sentence example
- Chillan was founded by Ruiz de Gamboa in 1594.
- Besides these there are five private cemeteries, the one belonging to the British colony being on a hill overlooking the Gamboa shoreline.
- The lower anchorage, where the officers of health visit vessels, is below Ilha Fiscal, and the upper, or commercial anchorage, is in the broad part of the bay above Ilha das Cobras, the national coasting vessels occupying the shallower waters near the Saude and Gamboa districts.
- The new port works, under construction since 1903, consist of a new water-front for the Saude, Gamboa and Sacco de Alferes districts, in which the shipping interests are centred, and a continuation of the sea-wall across the shallow Sao Christovao bay to the Ponta do Caju, the large reclaimed area to be filled in by the removal of some small hills.
- The rainfall at Colon on the north coast varies from 85 to 155 in., with 125 as the mean; at Gamboa in the interior it varies from 75 to 140 in., with 92 as the mean; and at Panama on the south coast it varies between 47 and 90 (rarely 104 in.), the mean being 67 in.Advertisement
- The benefit here is it will take a full day to cruise the entire Canal, going from lock to lock, which is time often better spent seeing the sites in cities such as Gamboa.