Gallio sentence example
- Junius Gallio, a rhetorician of some repute, from whom he took the name of Junius Gallio.
- Towards the close of the reign of Claudius, Gallio was proconsul of the newly constituted senatorial province of Achaea, but seems to have been compelled by ill-health to resign the post within a few years.
- His behaviour on this occasion ("But Gallio cared for none of these things") shows the impartial attitude of the Roman officials towards Christianity in its early days.
- Pecori-Giraldi retired from Asiago and Gallio, and based his right on the fortified lines of the Meletta group. This formed a salient, for the line marked out for the IV.
- Gallio was the brother of Seneca, a Greek stoic philosopher who later became an adviser to the emperor Nero.Advertisement