Gahan sentence example
- Formed in 1980, Depeche Mode's original lineup consisted of Dave Gahan (vocals), Martin Gore (vocals, guitar, keyboards), Vince Clarke (keyboards), and Andew Fletcher (keyboards).
- Front man Dave Gahan was joined by Martin Gore (keyboard, guitar, and the brain behind most of Depeche Mode's song lyrics), Andrew Fletcher (keyboards and bass) and Vince Clarke (keyboards).
- Wilder quit the band in 1995, and Gahan, Gore and Fletcher have continued the band as a trio ever since.
- Although Gahan's much chronicled struggle with drug abuse has threatened to derail the band many times, Depeche Mode has managed to become one of the longest lasting acts in music.
- Depeche Mode reigns supreme as one of the last keepers of the New Wave flame, even though singer David Gahan's struggles with drug addiction have impacted the band's ability to tour and record on schedule.Advertisement