Francis bacon sentence example
- Two authors exercised a weighty influence on his mind - Francis Bacon and Grotius.
- In his Sylva sylvarum (1627), Francis Bacon states that " the original concretion of bitumen is a mixture of a fiery and watery substance," and observes that flame " attracts " the naphtha of Babylon " afar off."
- The entertainment was prepared by Sir Francis Bacon at a cost of about X2000.
- The Latin commentators, the Arabians and the schoolmen show how Aristotle has been the chief author of modern culture; while the vindication of modern independence comes out in his critics, the greatest of whom were Roger and Francis Bacon.
- Dividing the intelligent soul into these three faculties, he shows - after the manner which Francis Bacon subsequently adopted - what branches of science correspond with each.Advertisement
- In 1885 he published a life of Francis Bacon.
- It remained for Francis Bacon to develop these beginnings into a new logic of induction.
- To this the true answer seems to be that Bacon owes his position not only to the general spirit of his philosophy, but to the manner in which he worked into a con- (1860); Liebig, Ober Francis Bacon von Verulam, &c. (1863).
- For the relations between Bacon and Ben Jonson see The Tale of the Shakespeare Epitaphs by Francis Bacon (New York, 1888); for Bacon's poetical gifts see an article in the Fortnightly Review (March 1905).
- Subsequently Oliver St John was fined and imprisoned for making a violent protest against the benevolence,and on the occasion of his trial Sir Francis Bacon defended the request for money as voluntary.Advertisement
- His son, SIR Tobias, or Tobie, Matthew (1577-1655), is remembered as the correspondent and friend of Francis Bacon.
- This is a lost hotel bar somewhat akin to the infamous Colony Rooms drinking club in Soho beloved of Francis Bacon.
- During the middle ages the empiric spirit was in abeyance, but it revived from the time of Francis Bacon and was systematized especially in the English philosophers, Locke, Hume, the two Mills,.
- Technological utopianism has been a major theme in European civilization at least since Francis Bacon.