Fragilis sentence example
- Anguis fragilis and two species of Ophiosaurus are the only members of this family which are not American, and even the third species of Ophiosaurus, 0.
- Anguis, with its sole species fragilis, the slow-worm or blind-worm, is devoid of a lateral fold, and the limbs are entirely absent.
- Briancon manna is met with on the leaves of the common Larch, and bide-khecht on those of the willow, Salix fragilis; and a kind of manna was at one time obtained from the cedar.
- B. fragilis is a Gram negative short bacillus which demonstrates pleomorphism.
- The best-known are: C. fragilis, which has finely-cut fronds about 6 inches high.Advertisement
- C. alpina is much smaller, and when once established not difficult to cultivate or increase, but more affected by excessive moisture than C. fragilis.
- C. montana is another elegant plant requiring the same treatment as C. fragilis.
- Brittle Hairbell (Campanula Fragilis) - The young branches are coated with soft down; the flowering branches prostrate, 12 or 15 inches long; the flowers 1 inch or more in diameter, delicate blue.
- There is evidence that a protozoan parasite (Dientamoeba fragilis) is transmitted among humans in the eggs of pinworms.