Four-fold sentence example
- On Sabbath he dressed in white, wearing a four-fold garment to typify the four letters of the Divine Name.
- The per capita consumption of iron in Great Britain, excluding exports, has been calculated as 144 lb in 1855 and 250 lb in 1890, that of the United States as 117 lb for 1855, 300 lb for 1890 and some 378 lb for 1899, and that of the United Kingdom, the United States and Germany for 1906 as about a quarter of a ton, so that the British per capita consumption is about four-fold and the American about five-fold that of 1855.
- The response by Black Grouse has been a remarkable four-fold increase in lekking blackcock over five years.
- If he let the flock feed on a field of corn he had to pay damages four-fold; if he turned them into standing corn when they ought to have been folded he paid twelve-fold.
- The difference between the amount of fluoride that is beneficial and the amount that can cause mottling is only two to four-fold.Advertisement
- A child easily can swallow enough fluoridated toothpaste to exceed the recommended daily amount of fluoride by four-fold.
- Triplet pregnancies are still on the rise in the U.S. According to the March of Dimes, the number of triplet pregnancies increased nearly four-fold in the 1990s.