Flouting sentence example
- He regretted the necessity for flouting public opinion, which he would have preferred to carry with him; in due course he would make his peace with Liberal sentiment, when success should have justified his defiance of it.
- flouting the law on bus lane usage.
- flouting convention simply by her presence.
- flouting the rules, I'm not trying to push my website.
- flouting of the regulations will result in students having their borrowing privileges withdrawn and referral to their Director of Studies.Advertisement
- flouting hunt ban 19 Dec 2005 - BBC News A huntsman has pleaded not guilty to breaking the hunting ban in Devon.
- flouting of UN resolutions.
- flouting of the law.
- flouting of disease control rules " .
- flouting of conventions.Advertisement
- Out of touch with affairs in France and surrounded by violent anti-revolutionists, headed by Calonne and the comte d'Artois, he followed an entirely selfish policy, flouting the National Assembly (see his reply to the summons of the National Assembly, in Daudet, op. cit.
- While many people may compliment a black diamond engagement ring, others may be taken aback by such flouting of tradition.