Finistere sentence example
- In 1818 he returned to Paris as deputy for Finistere, and sat in the Chamber till 1824, becoming one of the recognized liberal leaders.
- His son, comte Emile de Keratry (1832-), became deputy for Finistere in 1869, and strongly supported the war with Germany in 1870.
- In the following January he received from the pope a letter commending his action, and encouraging him in his social reforms. He was defeated at the general election of that year, but in 1894 was returned for Finistere (Morlaix).
- He had meanwhile been sent to suppress revolts in the districts of Rhone, Eure, Calvados and Finistere, where he had been able to pursue a conciliatory policy.
- Bretagne), known as Armorica until the influx of Celts from Britain, an ancient province and duchy of France, consisting of the north-west peninsula, and nearly corresponding to the departments of Finistere, Cotes-duNord, Morbihan, Ille-et-Vilaine and Lower Loire.Advertisement