Fingers and toes sentence example
fingers and toes
- Elhanan of Bethlehem slew the giant Goliath of Gath, and David's own brother Shimei (or Shammah) overthrew a monster who could boast of twenty-four fingers and toes.
- In size they may be compared with cats; the long slender limbs are connected by a broad fold of skin extending outwards from the sides of the neck and body, the fingers and toes are webbed, and the hind-limbs joined by an outer membrane as in bats.
- " one man," means 20, &c., &c. The existence of such expressions demonstrates that the people who use them had originally no spoken names for these numbers, but once merely counted them by gesture on their fingers and toes in low savage fashion, till they obtained higher numerals by the inventive process of describing in words these counting-gestures.
- Among these may be mentioned the hairy frog of West Africa, Trichobatrachus robustus, some specimens of which have the sides of the body and of the hind limbs covered with long villosities, the function of which is unknown, and its ally Gampsosteonyx batesi, in which the last phalanx of the fingers and toes is sharp, claw-like and perforates the skin.
- Why does the skin of the fingers and toes become wrinkled after prolonged immersion in water?Advertisement
- The fingers and toes flow to their extent from the thawing mass of the body.
- The other is an effect on the nerves which can cause constipation and numbness and tingling in the fingers and toes.
- The fingers and toes may be long and slender, with loose joints that can be bent beyond their normal limits.
- Marfan syndrome is sometimes called arachnodactyly, which means "spider-like fingers" in Greek, since one of the characteristic signs of the disease is disproportionately long fingers and toes.
- Arachnodactyly-A condition characterized by abnormally long and slender fingers and toes.Advertisement
- For unknown reasons, recurrent respiratory infections lead to digital clubbing, in which the last joint of the fingers and toes becomes slightly enlarged.
- The bleeding may appear as small, red or reddish-violet spots on the face, lips, inside the mouth and nose, or the tips of the fingers and toes.
- One to three weeks later, patches of skin may peel off, as might occur with a sunburn, especially on the fingers and toes.
- Apert syndrome-A craniofacial abnormality characterized by abnormal head shape, small upper jaw, and fusion of fingers and toes.
- After surgery most children will have full use of their fingers and toes.Advertisement
- Take the hammer, and making sure there are no fingers and toes in the way, give the wintergreen candy a good whack!