Finchley sentence example
- Friern Barnet adjoins Finchley on the north and Whetstone on the south, the whole district being residential.
- Oxford Street, with its handsome shops, bounds the borough on the south, crossing Regent Street at Oxford Circus; Edgware Road on the west; Marylebone Road crosses from east to west, .and from this Upper Baker Street gives access to Park, Wellington, and Finchley Roads; and Baker Street leads southward.
- In the north and west the clay is interspersed with patches of plateau gravel in the direction of Finchley (where boulder clay also appears), Enfield and Barnet; and of Bagshot sands on Hampstead Heath and Harrow Hill.
- The postal area excludes part of Woolwich within the county; but includes considerable areas outside the county in other directions, as West Ham, Leyton, &c., on the east; Woodford, Chingford, &c., on the north-east; Wood Green, Southgate and Finchley on the north; Hendon and Willesden on the north-west; Acton and Ealing, Barnes and Wimbledon on the west; and Penge and Beckenham on the south, wholly or in part.
- Released by Queen Mary (5th of September 1553), he returned to Bonner and became prebendary of St Paul's, rector of Finchley, then of Greenford Magna, chaplain and confessor to the queen, and dean of St Paul's (loth of March 1554).Advertisement
- The Edgware Road bounds Hampstead on the west; and the borough is intersected, parallel to this thoroughfare, by Finchley Road, and by Haverstock Hill, which, continued under the names of Rosslyn Hill, High Street, Heath Street, and North End, crosses the Heath for which Hampstead is chiefly celebrated.
- In Finchley Road are the New and Hackney Colleges, both Congregational.
- He died at Finchley Road, South Hampstead, where he had resided for nearly fifty years, on 18th October 1899.
- The pleasant, healthy situation has caused Finchley to become a populous residential district.
- The gathering of this force inspired Hogarth's famous picture, the "March of the Guards to Finchley."Advertisement
- Lives and works in East Finchley, London I do line drawings spontaneously and uncorrected with a black wax crayon in a sketchbook.
- This year's winner of the first prize is Lynette Craig of Finchley, and second prizewinner is Anthony Fisher of Enfield.
- Heh, I know the Indian restaurants within a three mile radius of Finchley better than I know the pubs.
- Notes to Editors Dates of the quarter finals for the respect poetry slam 2005 are - April 20th at Arts Depot North Finchley.
- On the west and north the residential suburbs immediately outside the county include Acton and Ealing, Willesden, Highgate, Finchley and Hornsey; from the last two a densely populated district extends north through Wood Green and Southgate to Barnet and Enfield; while the " residential influence " of the metropolis far exceeds these limits, and may be observed at Harrow and Pinner, Bushey and Boxmoor, St Albans, Harpenden, Stevenage and many other places.Advertisement
- In 1878 the congregation moved to an iron hall in Finchley Lane, built by Stephen Shirley as a temperance hall.