Fille sentence example
- He gave her the title of his "fille d'alliance" (adopted daughter), which she bore proudly for the rest of her long life.
- The latter, indeed, was more than a friend, he was a disciple; and Montaigne, just as he had constituted Mlle de Gournay his "fille d'alliance," bestowed on Charron the rather curious compliment of desiring that he should take the arms of the family of Montaigne.
- Other works of Delavigne followed each other in rapid succession - Louis XI (1832), Les Enfants d'Edouard (1833), Don Juan d'Autriche (1835), Une Famille au temps du Luther (1836), La Popularite (1838), La Fille du Cid (1839), Le Conseiller ra p porteur (1840), and Charles VI (1843), an opera partly written by his brother.
- His numerous works include the musical comedy, Pierre le Grand (1790), for Gretry's music, and the opera, Les Deux Journees (1800), music by Cherubini; also L' Abbe de l'epee (1800), and some other plays; and Causeries d'un vieillard (1807), Contes a ma fille (1809), and Les Adieux du vieux conteur (1835).
- In the first mode, the learner will see that the boy is le garçon, the girl is la fille, the man is l'homme, and the woman is la femme.Advertisement
- So for example, the learner might be asked to determine which picture is, Le garçon est sous la table. as opposed to which picture is, La fille est sur la table.