Filey sentence example
- It stands upon the slope and summit of the cliffs above Filey Bay, which is fringed by a fine sandy beach.
- The northern horn of the bay is formed by Filey Brigg, a narrow and abrupt promontory, continued seaward by dangerous reefs.
- The church of St Oswald at Filey is a fine cruciform building with central tower, Transitional Norman and Early English in date.
- Filey is in favour with visitors who desire a quiet resort without the accompaniment of entertainment common to the larger watering-places.
- In Athelstan's reign these animals abounded to such an extent in Yorkshire that a retreat was built by one Acehorn, at Flixton, near Filey, wherein travellers might seek refuge if attacked by them.Advertisement
- John Oxtoby, who evangelized Filey and became known as "Praying, Johnny," Viscount Goderich (afterwards Earl of Ripon) Duke of Wellington.
- The 110 mile route crosses the moorland then follows the coast up to Filey.
- During the winter of 1993-94 there was severe cliff slippage at Filey, which caused the club to lose its clubhouse and changing rooms.
- One look at Filey 's Crescent and you will feel uplifted, especially on a sunlit morning with the ornamental gardens in the foreground.
- Catterick Garrison Filey Guisborough Harrogate Hawes Kirbymoorside Knaresborough Leyburn Malton Marton Northallerton... www.thepropertyguide.to 811: Sycamore Cottage.Advertisement