Filarete sentence example
- It was by his commission that Filarete prepared the still-extant bronzework of St Peter's, and the Chapel of the Holy Sacrament in the Vatican was painted by Fiesole.
- The entire edifice is covered externally with terra-cotta, and its facade, designed by the Florentine Antonio Averulino (Filarete) and begun in 1 457, is superior to any other of the kind in Milan.
- After suffering many vicissitudes and being partially destroyed more than once, it was restored - including especially the splendid entrance tower by Antonio Averulino (Filarete, 1 45 1 - 1 453), destroyed by a powder explosion in 1521 - in the 15th-century style 1 See F.
- Francesco, and a castle of the Sforza family, dating from the 14th century and adorned with a loggia by Bramante and a tower imitating that of Filarete in the Castello Sforzesco at Milan.
- The city is rich in works of art, for Milan, with the introduction of the early Renaissance style by Filarete and Michelozzo after 1450, became the home of a Lombard school of sculpture, among the chief masters of which may be mentioned Giovanni Antonio Amadeo, or Omodeo, 1 of Pavia (1447-1522), Cristoforo Solari, and, the last of them, Agostino Busti, known as Bambaia (c. 1480-1548), whose work may be seen in the cathedrals of Como and Milan and in the Certosa di Pavia.Advertisement