Filangieri sentence example
- (I.), Filangieri retained his rank and command, but found the army utterly disorganized and impregnated with Carbonarism.
- These proposals being rejected, Filangieri resigned office.
- On the advice of Liborio Romano, the new prefect of police, Filangieri was ordered to leave Naples.
- Filangieri was a very distinguished soldier, and a man of great ability; although he changed sides several times he became really attached to the Bourbon dynasty, which he hoped to save by freeing it from its reactionary tendencies and infusing a new spirit into it.
- Finocchiaro, La Rivoluzione siciliana del 1848-49 (Catania, 1906, with bibliography), in which Filangieri is bitterly attacked; see also under NAPLES; FERDINAND IV.; FRANCIS I.; FERDINAND II.; FRANCIS II.Advertisement
- Some of the following are still published: Annali di matematica (1867); Annuario di giurisprudenza (1883); Archivio di statistica (1876); Archivio storico lombardo (1874); Archivio veneto (1871); Archivio per lo studio delle tradizioni popolari; Archivio per la zoologia; Il Bibliofilo; Il Filangieri (1876); La Natura (1884); Nuovo giornale botanico (1869); Giornale degli eruditi (1883); Giornale di filologia romanza; Nuova rivista Internazionale (1879); La Rassegna italiana (1881); Revue internationale (1883).
- After the Austrian victories King Ferdinand sent a Neapolitan army of 20,000 men under Filangieri to subjugate the island.
- Filangieri marched forward taking town after town, and committing many atrocities.
- Political amnesties were now decreed, and in September 18 J9 Filangieri was made prime minister.