Fiirstenbund sentence example
- mit Bunsen (Leipzig, 1873); Die deutschen Mackie and der Fiirstenbund.
- When Saxony joined the Fiirstenbund in 1785, it had an area of 15,185 sq.
- He felt himself a foreigner among foreigners, and his favourite scheme, the subject of endless intrigues with the Austrian cabinet and the immediate cause of Frederick II.'s League of Princes (Fiirstenbund) of 1785, was to exchange Bavaria for the Austrian Netherlands and the title of king of Burgundy.
- The elector was not unwilling, but the scheme was wrecked by the opposition of the heir to the Bavarian throne, the duke of Zweibriicken, in response to whose appeal Frederick the Great formed, on the 23rd of July 1785, a confederation of German princes (Fiirstenbund) for the purpose of opposing the threatened preponderance of Austria.
- Hence one of the last important acts of his life was to form, in 1785, a league of princes (the "Fiirstenbund") for the defence of the imperial constitution, believed to be imperilled by Joseph's restless activity.Advertisement