Fiirsten sentence example
- The convent was suppressed by Duke Maurice in 1543, and was by him converted into a school (the Fiirsten Schule), one of the most renowned classical schools in Germany, which counts Lessing and Gellert among its former pupils.
- During this period he published anonymously two remarkable political works, Zuriickforderung der Denkfreiheit von den Fiirsten Europas and Beitrdge zur Berichtigung der Urtheile des Publicums fiber die franzOsische Revolution.
- Along the Elbe, however, extend fine promenades, the Fiirstenwall and the Fiirsten Ufer.
- The war between France and Prussia in 1806 was fraught with danger to the existence of the principality, and after the battle of Jena it was mainly the skilful conduct of the duchess Louise, the wife of Charles Augustus, that dissuaded Napoleon 1 See Goethe's famous lines, Epigramme (35): "Klein ist unter den Fiirsten Germaniens freilich der meine; Kurz and schmal ist sein Land, massig nur, was er vermag.
- Next in importance are two works, Bismarck als Volkswirth and Aktenstiicke zur Wirthschaftspolitik des Fiirsten Bismarck, which are part of the collection of state papers, Akenstiicke zur Geschichte der Wirthschaftspolitik in Preussen.Advertisement
- They are Bismarck and die Parlamentarier, Fiirst Bismarck and der Bundesrath, Die Ansprache des Fiirsten Bismarck, Neue Tischgesprdche, and Bismarck and die Diplomaten.
- At the Berlin Library Ranke found a collection of MS. records, chiefly Italian, dealing with the period of the Reformation; from a study of them he found how different were the real events as disclosed in contemporary documents from the history as recorded by most writers; and the result of his researches was embodied in his second work, Fiirsten and Volker von Siideuropa im 16 and 17 Jahrhundert (1827).
- Noldeke, Die ghassanischen Fiirsten aus dem Hause Gafna's (Berlin, 1887).