Fiennes sentence example
- The house is the seat of Lord Saye and Sele, having been in the Fiennes family since the reign of Henry VII.
- In February 1643 Fiennes was sent down to Bristol, arrested Colonel Essex the governor, executed the two leaders of a plot to deliver up the city, and received a commission himself as governor on the 1st of May 1643.
- On the arrival, however, of Prince Rupert on the 22nd of July the place was in no condition to resist an attack, and Fiennes capitulated.
- His public career closes with addresses delivered in his capacity as chief commissioner of the great seal at the beginning of the sessions of January 20, 1658, and January 2, 1659, in which the religious basis of Cromwell's government is especially insisted upon, the feature to which Fiennes throughout his career had attached most value.
- Fiennes married (1), Elizabeth, daughter of the famous parliamentarian Sir John Eliot, by whom he had one son, afterwards 3rd Viscount Saye and Sele; and (2), Frances, daughter of Richard Whitehead of Tuderley, Hants, by whom he had three daughters.Advertisement
- In 1643 he took an active part in the proceedings against Nathaniel Fiennes for the surrender of Bristol, and showed a vindictive energy in the prosecution of Archbishop Laud.
- He had married in 1726 Lady Catherine Manners, daughter of the 2nd duke of Rutland; and one of his daughters married Henry Fiennes Clinton, 2nd duke of Newcastle.
- About £88,000 was thus raised, and in 1622 William Fiennes, 1st Viscount Saye and Sele, was imprisoned for six months for protesting.
- The superb acting (Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz leading) makes the film seem real.
- Why is Fiennes wearing the same funny red fright wig that Stephen Rae was sporting in The Butcher Boy?Advertisement
- On the heels of her AFI award, Cate Blanchett accepted the role as Lucinda Leplastrier in Oscar and Lucinda, starring opposite Ralph Fiennes.
- Ralph Fiennes takes number one, and surprisingly, John Lithgow sits at number three.
- Winning the Best Supporting Actor Award, Ledger beat out Tom Cruise and Robert Downey, Jr., both for Tropic Thunder, Ralph Fiennes for The Duchess, and Philip Seymour Hoffman for Doubt.
- They're responsible for making Ralph Fiennes look like Voldemort in the Harry Potter films, they make gunshot wounds look authentic and they cause some serious explosions, too!
- The show's central characters are FBI Special Agents Mark Benford (Joseph Fiennes) and Demetri Noh (John Cho).Advertisement