Fideles sentence example
- " The phrase was seized upon and made a party name, and it became the fashion for patriots to wear beggar's garb and a medal round the neck, bearing Philip's image on one side and a wallet on the other, with two hands crossed, and the legend Fideles au roi jusqu'd la besace.
- especially the passage - "Procedant contra infideles ad pugnam jam incipi dignam qui abusive privatum certamen contra fideles consuescebant distendere quondam."
- 5th centuries in their, discourses often make a point of not citing the creed or describing the Eucharist; they stop short and ejaculate such remarks as 'oa6cv of irco-roi, norunt fideles (" the faithful know it ").
- One of Jurieu's chief works is Lettres pastorales adressees aux fideles de France (3 vols., Rotterdam, 1686-1687; Eng.
- However, these dukes and counts were not merely officials: they too had become lords of fideles, of their own advocati, centenarii and scabini, whom they nominated, and of all the free men of the county, who since Charlemagnes time had been first allowed and then commanded to commend themselves to a lord, receiving feudal benefices in return.Advertisement
- Adeste Fidelis Adeste fideles Laeti triumphantes Venite in Bethlehem Natum videte, regem angelorum Venite adoremus Dominum.
- Amongst these are Estat des fideles apres la mort; Sur l'oraison dominicale; Du mdrite des oeuvres; Traits de la justification; and paraphrases of books of the Old and New Testament.