Fictive sentence example
- fictive world.
- What this is cannot easily be defined; it consists, perhaps, in the beauty of the atmosphere which Tennyson contrives to cast around his work, moulding it in the blue mystery of twilight, in the opaline haze of sunset: this atmosphere, suffused over his poetry with inestimable skill and with a tact very rarely at fault, produces an almost unfailing illusion or mirage of loveliness, so that, even where (as must sometimes be the case with every poet) the thought and the imagery have little value in themselves, the fictive aura of beauty broods over the otherwise undistinguished verse.
- fictive universe becomes the politically relevant universe in which the government or the armed forces are supposed to " do something.
- fictive swimming can be stopped by pressure to the head skin or cement gland.
- fictive version of the building, with special features removed to serve as a relative comparison case.Advertisement
- fictive film ever made on the individual fate of one of these children.