Fessler sentence example
- Ignaz Aurelius Fessler >>
- IGNAZ AURELIUS FESSLER (1756-1839), Hungarian ecclesiastic, historian and freemason, was born on the 18th of May 1756 at the village of Zurany in the county of Moson.
- In 1791 Fessler was converted to Lutheranism and next year contracted an unhappy marriage, which was dissolved in 1802, when he married again.
- Fessler's numerous works are all written in German.
- Fessler was a voluminous writer, and during his life exercised great influence; but, with the possible exception of the history of Hungary, none of his books has any value now.Advertisement
- See Fessler's Riickblicke auf seine siebzigjeihrige Pilgerschaft (Breslau, 1824; 2nd edition, Leipzig, 1851).
- This second point of view, as clearly expounded by Mgr Joseph Fessler (1813-1872), bishop of St P6lten, who was secretary to the Vatican Council, in his work Die whhre and die falsche Unfehl- .barheit der Papste (French trans.
- The most accessible popular work is that of Mgr Fessler already mentioned.