Feso sentence example
- When fused with potassium carbonate it yields potassium cyanide; warmed with dilute sulphuric acid it yields hydrocyanic acid, but with concentrated sulphuric acid it yields carbon monoxide: 6H 2 O + K 4 Fe(NC) 6 + 6H 2 SO 4 = 2K 2 SO 4 + FeSO 4 + 3(NH4)2S04 + 6C0.
- The potassium salt may be prepared by adding potassium cyanide to ferrous sulphate solution, the brown precipitate so formed being then heated with potassium nitrite: 5 KNC + 2 FeSO 4 = 2 K 2 SO 4 + KFe2(NC)5, 2 KFe 2 (NC) 5 + 2 KNO 2 = 2 FeO + 2 K2Fe(NC)5 NO.
- cupri rosa, the flower of copper), green vitriol, or ferrous sulphate, FeSO 4.7H 2 0, having a bluish-green colour and an astringent, inky and somewhat sweetish taste.
- Ferrous sulphate forms large green crystals belonging to the monoclinic system; rhombic crystals, isomorphous with zinc sulphate, are obtained by inoculating a solution with a crystal of zinc sulphate, and triclinic crystals of the formula FeSO 4.5H 2 O by inoculating with copper sulphate.
- Many basic ferric sulphates are known, some of which occur as minerals; carphosiderite is Fe(Fe0) 5(S04)4.10H20; amarantiteisFe(FeO) (S04)2.7H20; utahite is 3(FeO)2SO4.4H20; copiapite is Fe3 (FeO)S04)5.18H20; castanite is Fe(FeO) (S04)2.8H20; romerite is FeSO 4Fe2(SO4)3.12H20.Advertisement