Ferriere sentence example
- A small company had been accustomed to meet in the lodging of the sieur de la Ferriere in Paris near the Pre-auxCleres.
- There may be noted Durand's Marguerite de Valois et la tour de Francois Ier (1848); La Ferriere's Marguerite d'Angouleme (1891); Lotheissen's Konigin Margareta von Navarra (1885); Miss Edith Sichel's Women and Men of the French Renaissance (1901), and P. Courtault's Marguerite de Navarre (1904).
- One mile W.N.W., on the hill above Le Ferriere, remains of an archaic temple, ascribed to Mater Matuta, were discovered by excavation in 1896.
- Principal Authorities.-"Lettres de Catherine de Medicis," edited by Hector de la Ferriere (1880 seq.), and "Negociations ...
- See "Lettres de Catherine de' Medicis," edited by Hector de la Ferriere (1880 seq.) in the Collection de documents inidits sur l'histoire de France.Advertisement
- Camille Desmoulins said that the piece had done more for the Revolution than the days of October, and a contemporary memoir-writer, the marquis de Ferriere, says that the audience came away "ivre de vengeance et tourmente d'une soif de sang."