Ferrer sentence example
- In 1417, however, the Spanish Dominican St Vincent Ferrer pleaded the cause of the flagellants with great warmth at the council of Constance, and elicited a severe reply from John Gerson 29 ` ' '?
- x'.130: Rodriguez Ferrer, op. cit.
- Rodriguez Ferrer (see above); and especially A.
- Vincent Ferrer >>
- At the end of October 1909 he was appointed captain-general at Barcelona, where the disturbances connected with the execution of Francisco Ferrer were quelled by him without bloodshed.Advertisement
- ST VINCENT FERRER (1355-1419), Spanish Dominican preacher, was born of respectable parentage at Valencia on the 23rd of January 1355.
- made Ferrer his confessor and master of the sacred palace.
- Vincenzo Ferrer intorno al Grande Scisma d'Occidente (Bologna, 1906).
- Vincenzo Ferrer intorno al grande schisma d'Occidente, ed.
- Zend asha for Sanskrit tha, Old Persian aria (in dy taxerxes); fravashi for Pahlavi fravardln, New Persian ferrer tn ie spirits of the dead).Advertisement
- It is known that within thirty years after the discovery of the Pacific Ocean the Spaniards had explored the western coasts of the American continent from the isthmus to the vicinity of the forty-second parallel of north latitude, and it is possible that the Spanish pilot Bartolome Ferrelo (or Ferrer), who in 1 543 made the farthest northward voyage in the Pacific recorded in the first half of the 16th century, may have reached a point on the Oregon coast.
- The greatest sensation was caused by the arrest, on the 31st of August, of Seor Ferrer, a theoretical anarchist well known in many countries for his anti-clerical educational work and in Spain especially as the founder of the lay schools.
- The opening of the October session of the Cortes was signalized by a furious attack by Seor Moret on Seores Maura and La Cierva, who were accused of having Fitliof sacrificed Ferrer to the resentment of their clerical Maura.
- The Aussie ace said: " I've never played Ferrer but I know he is a great competitor and really fit.
- over an ellipsoid, so that its density is everywhere proportional to the thickness of a shell formed by describing round ' The solution of the problem of determining the distribution en an ellipsoid of a fluid the particles of which repel each other with a force inversely as the nth power of the distance was first given by George Green (see Ferrer's edition of Green's Collected Papers, p. 119, 1871).Advertisement
- His father was an anchorman in Cincinnati, his aunt is the legendary singer and actress, Rosemary Clooney and his cousin is actor Miguel Ferrer.