Ferrante sentence example
- Among the fiefs destined for the duke of Gandia were Cervetri and Anguillara, lately acquired by Virginio Orsini, head of that powerful and turbulent house, with the pecuniary help of Ferdinand of Aragon, king of Naples (Don Ferrante).
- On the 9th of August the signory saw that all hope was lost and entered into negotiations with Don Surrender Ferrante Gonzaga, the new imperial commander.
- Ferrante Pallavicino >>
- The appearance of the plague at Padua obliged him to retire to his native city, whence he was, shortly afterwards, called to act as tutor to Ferrante (Ferdinand) Gonzaga, from whom he received the rich abbey of Guastalla.
- (Don Ferrante), nanimous..Advertisement
- Pierluigi being an uncompromising opponent of the emperor Charles V., Don Ferrante Gonzaga, the imperial governor of Milan, was ever on the watch for a pretext to deprive him of Piacenza, which the emperor greatly coveted.
- In 1539 it was sold by the last female descendant of the Torelli to Ferrante Gonzaga.