Fernandes sentence example
- It was founded by Vasco Fernandes Coutinho, who having acquired a large fortune in India, sank it in this scheme of colonization.
- Joao Fernandes Vieyra, a native of Madeira, organized the insurrection which broke out in 1645.
- The tobacco plant itself was first brought to Europe in 1558 by Francisco Fernandes, a physician who had been sent by Philip II of Spain to investigate the products of Mexico.
- Espirito Santo formed part of one of the original captaincies which were given to Vasco Fernandes Coutinho by thePortuguese crown.
- An alliance between Portugal and England was concluded; and although Ferdinand made peace with Castile in 1374, he renewed his claim in 1380, after the death of Henry of Castile, and sent Joao Fernandes Andeiro, count of Ourem, to secure English aid.Advertisement
- The Senegal was reached in 1445, Cape Verde was passed in the same year, and in 1446 Alvaro Fernandes pushed on almost as far as Sierra Leone.
- East of Malacca, Albuquerque sent Duarte Fernandes as envoy to Siam (1511), and despatched to the Moluccas two expeditions (1512, 1514), which founded the Portuguese dominion in the Malay Archipelago (q.v.).
- A book of quite a different order is the Co.ntos de proveito e exemplo by Fernandes Trancoso, containing a series of twenty-nine tales derived from tradition or imitated from Boccaccio and others, which enjoyed deserved favour for more than a century.
- The early days of parliamentary rule produced Manoel Fernandes Thomas and Manoel oratory.
- The judges presented Blais and fellow final three contestants Stephanie Izard and Lisa Fernandes with the challenge of preparing a formal four-course meal for the judges.Advertisement
- She beat out Lisa Fernandes and Richard Blais for the title.