Fernald sentence example
- In 1800 Fernald's Island was purchased by the Federal government for a navy yard; it was the scene of considerable activity during the War of 1812, but was of much greater importance during the Civil War, when the famous " Kearsarge " and several other war vessels were built here.'
- In 1866 the yard was enlarged by connecting Seavey's Island with Fernald's; late in the 19th century it was equipped for building and repairing steel vessels.
- Fernald's Catalogue of the Coccidae (Amherst, U.S.A., 1903).
- Professor Fernald concludes his paper by saying that: "The mass of evidence which the writer has in hand, and which will soon be ready for publication, makes it clear that, if we read the sagas in the light of what we know of the abundant occurrence north of the St Lawrence of the vinber' (Vaccinium Vitis-Idaea or possibly Ribes triste, R.
- It is possible that Professor Fernald may show conclusively that Leif's landfall was north of the St Lawrence.Advertisement
- At present it does not seem likely that Professor Fernald's argument will seriously affect Professor Storm's contention that Thorfinn's colony was in Nova Scotia.
- Fernald Frederick W.
- Fernald, a botanist of Harvard University, published a paper in Rhodora, vol.