Fernald sentence example
- In 1800 Fernald's Island was purchased by the Federal government for a navy yard; it was the scene of considerable activity during the War of 1812, but was of much greater importance during the Civil War, when the famous " Kearsarge " and several other war vessels were built here.'
- In 1866 the yard was enlarged by connecting Seavey's Island with Fernald's; late in the 19th century it was equipped for building and repairing steel vessels.
- It is possible that Professor Fernald may show conclusively that Leif's landfall was north of the St Lawrence.
- At present it does not seem likely that Professor Fernald's argument will seriously affect Professor Storm's contention that Thorfinn's colony was in Nova Scotia.
- Fernald, a botanist of Harvard University, published a paper in Rhodora, vol.Advertisement