Ferengi sentence example
- Played by actor Armin Shimerman, the Ferengi is the son of Keldar and Ishka.
- Although he adheres to the Ferengi ideals of profit and greed, he evolves over the course of time to become a trusted friend of many aboard Deep Space Nine.
- In order to understand Quark, you must first understand the Ferengi.
- The Ferengi are obsessed with profits and will stop at nothing to ensure their own financial gain.
- Lying, cheating, swindling, bribery, etc. - nothing stands between a Ferengi and his greed.Advertisement
- The species has a collected list of almost 300 rules known as the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition that are memorized during his early education.
- The Ferengi have business deals throughout the galaxy; Quark is no different.
- But he is a compassionate and caring person by Ferengi standards, just don't tell him that...
- His earliest known job was a cook aboard a Ferengi freighter where he served for eight years.
- Early on he is known as a selfish and greedy Ferengi who would do anything for profit.Advertisement
- In stark opposition to Ferengi tradition, his mother insisted upon wearing clothing and heading the family's business ventures.
- His father was quite content with allowing her to keep the accounts in line, another shame to Ferengi culture.
- Keldar widowed Ishkar who later became advisor to the Grand Nagus, the leader of the Ferengi world.
- Although Ferengi rule of acquisition number 21 says "Never place friendship before profit."
- Almost every Ferengi in the Star Trek series has quoted a rule of acquisition at least once.Advertisement
- Rule 18 - A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
- See the full list of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.
- For the more obscure alien races, this site has ships of the Borg Collective, Ferengi Alliance, the Maquis, and the Gorn Defense Force.