Ferencz sentence example
- Mihaly V6rosmartyo, Ferencz KOlcsey, Ferencz Kazinczy and his associates, to mention but a few of many great names, were, consciously or unconsciously, as the representatives of the renascent national literature, accomplishing a political mission, and their pens proved no less efficacious than the swords of their ancestors.
- The ministry was divided on the issue, Count Andrassy opposing and Mr Ferencz Kossuth supporting the proposal for a separate bank.
- Other ministers were Mr Károly de Hieronymi (commerce), Dr Lukacs (finance), Ferencz de Szekely (justice, education, public worship), Bela Serenyi (agriculture) and General Hazay (national defence).
- As a masterly production based on extensive investigation, we note the Wesselenyi Ferencz.
- Kolcsey, Ferencz (1790-1838), Hungarian poet, critic and orator, was born at Szodemeter, in Transylvania, on the 8th of August 1790.Advertisement
- The first member of the family to emerge definitely into history was Ferencz Zerhazy (1563-1594), vice lord-lieutenant of the county of Pressburg, who took the name of Esterhazy when he was created Freiherr of Galantha, an estate acquired by the family in 1421.
- In 1611 he married Orsolya, the widow of the wealthy Ferencz.
- The cadet branch of the house of Frakno, the members of which bear the title of count, was divided into three lines by the sons of Ferencz Esterhazy (1641-1683).
- Under the noble influence of Ferencz Kazinczy he became acquainted with the chief masterpieces of European literature in their original tongues.
- [[Szechenyi, Istvan, Count]] (1791-1860), Hungarian statesman, the son of Ferencz Szechenyi and the countess Juliana Festetics, was born at Vienna on the 21st of September 1791.Advertisement
- Other ministers were Mr KÃ¡roly de Hieronymi (commerce), Dr Lukacs (finance), Ferencz de Szekely (justice, education, public worship), Bela Serenyi (agriculture) and General Hazay (national defence).
- His reputation in his own county was quickly established, and when in 1833 his elder brother Antal, also a man of extraordinary force of character, was obliged by ill-health to relinquish his seat in the Hungarian parliament, the electors chose Ferencz in his stead.