Feo sentence example
- The potassium salt may be prepared by adding potassium cyanide to ferrous sulphate solution, the brown precipitate so formed being then heated with potassium nitrite: 5 KNC + 2 FeSO 4 = 2 K 2 SO 4 + KFe2(NC)5, 2 KFe 2 (NC) 5 + 2 KNO 2 = 2 FeO + 2 K2Fe(NC)5 NO.
- The element is not found in the free state in nature, nor to any large extent in combination, occurring chiefly as chrome-ironstone, Cr 2 O 3 FeO, and occasionally being found as crocoisite, PbCrO 4, chrome-ochre, Cr 2 0 3, and chromegarnet, CaO Cr 2 O 3.3SiO 2, while it is also the cause of the colour in serpentine, chrome-mica and the emerald.
- Oxygen, probably dissolved in the iron as ferrous oxide FeO, also makes the metal red-short.
- that it shall have a great excess of the strong base, ferrous oxide, FeO, for the phosphoric acid to unite with, lest it be deoxidized by the carbon of the iron as fast as it forms, and so return to the iron, following the general rule that oxidized bodies enter the slag and unoxidized ones the metallic iron.
- The lining of the crucible may be of either magnesite (MgO) or chromite (FeO Cr203) The whole furnace, electrodes and all, rotates about the line KL for the purpose of pouring out the molten FIG.Advertisement
- C. Feo Cardozo, Memorias contendo.
- Oxides and Hydroxides.-Iron forms three oxides: ferrous oxide, FeO, ferric oxide, Fe2O3, and ferroso-ferric oxide, Fe304.
- The so-called soluble meta-ferric hydroxide, FeO(OH, discovered by Pean de St Gilles in 1856, may be obtained by several methods.
- Many basic ferric sulphates are known, some of which occur as minerals; carphosiderite is Fe(Fe0) 5(S04)4.10H20; amarantiteisFe(FeO) (S04)2.7H20; utahite is 3(FeO)2SO4.4H20; copiapite is Fe3 (FeO)S04)5.18H20; castanite is Fe(FeO) (S04)2.8H20; romerite is FeSO 4Fe2(SO4)3.12H20.
- The native chrome-ironstone (Cr 2 O 3 FeO) may be used in this way as a source of such compounds, being fused in a reverberatory furnace, along with soda-ash and lime, the oxidizing agent in this case being atmospheric oxygen.Advertisement
- leaf decoction used for catarrh in Piura; crushed seed to kill parasites (FEO ).
- For example, at first he represented ferrous and ferric oxides by the formulae Fe02, Fe03, and by the analogy of zinc and other basic oxides he regarded these substances as constituted similarly to Fe02, and the acidic oxides alumina and chromium oxide as similar to FeO 3.