Feo sentence example
- The potassium salt may be prepared by adding potassium cyanide to ferrous sulphate solution, the brown precipitate so formed being then heated with potassium nitrite: 5 KNC + 2 FeSO 4 = 2 K 2 SO 4 + KFe2(NC)5, 2 KFe 2 (NC) 5 + 2 KNO 2 = 2 FeO + 2 K2Fe(NC)5 NO.
- The element is not found in the free state in nature, nor to any large extent in combination, occurring chiefly as chrome-ironstone, Cr 2 O 3 FeO, and occasionally being found as crocoisite, PbCrO 4, chrome-ochre, Cr 2 0 3, and chromegarnet, CaO Cr 2 O 3.3SiO 2, while it is also the cause of the colour in serpentine, chrome-mica and the emerald.
- Oxygen, probably dissolved in the iron as ferrous oxide FeO, also makes the metal red-short.
- The lining of the crucible may be of either magnesite (MgO) or chromite (FeO Cr203) The whole furnace, electrodes and all, rotates about the line KL for the purpose of pouring out the molten FIG.
- The native chrome-ironstone (Cr 2 O 3 FeO) may be used in this way as a source of such compounds, being fused in a reverberatory furnace, along with soda-ash and lime, the oxidizing agent in this case being atmospheric oxygen.Advertisement
- For example, at first he represented ferrous and ferric oxides by the formulae Fe02, Fe03, and by the analogy of zinc and other basic oxides he regarded these substances as constituted similarly to Fe02, and the acidic oxides alumina and chromium oxide as similar to FeO 3.