Fenimore sentence example
- Certain commercial interests of New York City favoured the Confederate cause, but MayorWood's suggestion that the city (with Long Island and Staten Island) secede and form a free-city received scant support, and after the san ' James Fenimore Cooper's novels Satanstoe (1845), The Chainbearer (1845) and The Redskins (1846) preach the anti-rent doctrine.
- James Fenimore Cooper >>
- JAMES FENIMORE COOPER (1789-1851), American novelist, was born at Burlington, New Jersey, on the 15th of September 1789.
- His daughter, Susan Fenimore Cooper (1813-1894), was known as an author and philanthropist.
- Balzac admired him [James Fenimore Cooper] greatly, but with discrimination; Victor Hugo pronounced him greater than the great master of modern romance, and this verdict was echoed by a multitude of inferior readers, who were satisfied with no title for their favourite less than that of "the American Scott."Advertisement
- See James Fenimore Cooper (Boston, 1883), by Thomas R.