Fenestella sentence example
- FENESTELLA, Roman historian and encyclopaedic writer, flourished in the reign of Tiberius.
- Taking Varro for his model, Fenestella was one of the chief representatives of the new style of historical writing which, in the place of the brilliant descriptive pictures of Livy, discussed curious and out-of-the-way incidents and customs of political and social life, including literary history.
- Fenestella (De magistratibus et sacerdotiis Romanorum, 1510) is really by A.
- Cosconius, Nepos, Santra, Fenestella.
- Cornelius Nepos is quoted for the statement that he was about the same age as Scipio Africanus the younger (born in 185 or 184 B.C.) and Laelius; while Fenestella, an antiquary of the later Augustan period, represented him as older than either.Advertisement
- The Cryptostomata are also Palaeozoic, and include the abundant and widely-distributed genus Fenestella.
- The Bryozoa were also abundantinsomeregions (Polypora, Fenestella), including the remarkable form known as Archimedes.
- Fenestella >>