Feldberg sentence example
- In the south-west are the Taunus, bordering the Main, and the Westerwald, west of the Lahn, in which the highest points respectively are the Grosser Feldberg (2887 ft.) and the Fuchskauten (2155 ft.).
- To the south of the Kinzig the mean height is 3100 ft., and the loftiest summit, the Feldberg, reaches about 4898 ft., while to the north the mean height is only 2100 ft., and the Belchen, the culminating point of the whole, does not exceed 4480 ft.
- Among them are the Feldberg (4898 ft.), the Herzogenhorn (4600), the BlOssling (4260) and the Blauen (3820).
- The summits are rounded and covered with wood, the highest being the Feldberg (10 m.
- The loftiest peaks occur in the east, where the imposing cluster of Grosser Feldberg (2887 ft.), Kleiner Feldberg (2714 ft.) and Altkonig (2618 ft.) dominate the Wetterau and the valley of the Main.Advertisement
- Schloss Friedrichshof, at the foot of the Feldberg and Altkonig, immediately north of Kronberg, was built in 1889-97 by the widowed empress Frederick, and is the place where she died in 1901.