Feini sentence example
- From gradual changes in the living tongue through a long expanse of time many words, phrases and idioms in the Bearla Feini became obsolete, and are so difficult to translate that the official translations are to some extent confessedly conjectural.
- A share of this was the birthright of every law-abiding member of the Feini who needed it.
- The Feini who used it had no landlord and no rent to pay for this land, and could not be deprived of it except by the clan for a crime.
- "He who fasts notwithstanding the offer of what should be accorded to him, forfeits his legal right according to the decision of the Feini."
- BREHON LAWS, the English but incorrect appellation of the ancient laws of Ireland, the proper name for which is Feineachas, meaning the laws of the Feine or Feini (fainyeh), who were the free Gaelic farmers.Advertisement