Fedorovna sentence example
- (ALEKSANDER PAVLOVIC) (1777-1825), emperor of Russia, son of the grand-duke Paul Petrovich, afterwards Paul and Maria Fedorovna, daughter of Frederick Eugene of Wurttemberg, was born on the 28th of December 1777.
- It was in July, 1805, and the speaker was the well-known Anna Pavlovna Scherer, maid of honor and favorite of the Empress Marya Fedorovna.
- All this was the fruit of Anisya Fedorovna's housekeeping, gathered and prepared by her.
- Anisya Fedorovna left the room.
- Anisya Fedorovna came in and leaned her portly person against the doorpost.Advertisement
- Anisya Fedorovna, with her light step, willingly went to fulfill her errand and brought back the guitar.
- He took the guitar a little above the fingerboard, arching his left elbow with a somewhat theatrical gesture, and, with a wink at Anisya Fedorovna, struck a single chord, pure and sonorous, and then quietly, smoothly, and confidently began playing in very slow time, not My Lady, but the well-known song: Came a maiden down the street.
- The tune, played with precision and in exact time, began to thrill in the hearts of Nicholas and Natasha, arousing in them the same kind of sober mirth as radiated from Anisya Fedorovna's whole being.
- Anisya Fedorovna flushed, and drawing her kerchief over her face went laughing out of the room.
- "Uncle" continued to play correctly, carefully, with energetic firmness, looking with a changed and inspired expression at the spot where Anisya Fedorovna had just stood.Advertisement
- Anisya Fedorovna's smiling face reappeared in the doorway and behind hers other faces...
- In Petersburg at that time a complicated struggle was being carried on with greater heat than ever in the highest circles, between the parties of Rumyantsev, the French, Marya Fedorovna, the Tsarevich, and others, drowned as usual by the buzzing of the court drones.