Federico sentence example
- In 12 9 5 the Malatesta obtained possession of it, and kept it until 1444, when it was sold, with Pesaro, to Federico di Montefeltro of Urbino, and with the latter it passed to the papacy under Urban VIII.
- Middendorf, Peru: Beobachtungen and Studien 'fiber das Land and seine Bewohner, &c. (Berlin, 1893); Federico Moreno, Petroleum in Peru (Lima, 1891); Dr M.
- Honig, Rapporti tra Federico II e Gregorio IX rispetto alla spedizione in Palestina (1896); P. T.
- Masetti, I Pontefici Onorio III, Gregorio IX ed Innocenzo IV a fronte dell' Imperatore Federico II nel secolo XIII (1884); T.
- The observations of Darwin as to the fertilization of orchids, Primula, Linum and Lythrum, and other plants, and the part which insects take in this function, gave an explanation of the observations of Christian Konrad Sprengel, made at the close of the 18th century, and opened up a new phase in the study of botany, which has been followed by Hermann Miller, Federico Delphic) and others, and more recently by Paul Knuth.Advertisement
- von Reumont, Geschichte Toscanas (Gotha, 1877); and "Federico Manfredini e la politica Toscana nei primi a.nni di Ferdinando III."
- The study of the fertilization, or as it is now generally called "pollination," of flowers, was continued by Darwin and taken up by other workers, notably Friedrich Hildebrand, Federico Delpino and the brothers Fritz and Hermann Muller.
- Previously the entire collection had been published only in a Latin translation, Pappi alexandrini mathematicae collectiones a Federico Commandino Urbinate in latinum conversae et comentariis illustratae (Pesaro, 1588) (reprinted at Venice, 1589, and Pesaro, 1602).
- LUIGI FEDERICO MENABREA, Marquis of Valdora (1809-1896), Italian general and statesman, was born at Chambery on the 4th of September 1809.
- Close by, the Lombard League defeated Frederick Barbarossa in 1176; a monument in commemoration of the battle was erected on the field in 1876, while there is another by Butti erected in 1900 in the Piazza Federico Barbarossa.Advertisement
- Montt's successors, Jose Joaquin Perez (1861-1871), Federico Errazuriz (1871-1876) and Anibal Pinto (1876-1881), abandoned the repressive policy of their predecessors, invited the co-operation of the Liberals, and allowed discontent to vent itself freely in popular agitation.
- President Montt had now fulfilled his term of office, and on the 18th of September 1896 he handed over the presidential power to his successor, Senor Federico Errazuriz, who had been duly elected in the month of June previously.
- (whose wife was Isabella d'Este), and Federico II., the first duke of Mantua, the city rose rapidly into importance as a seat of industry and culture.
- Without a spirit of childhood in the listener, the music of the Catalan Federico Mompou can seem almost infantile.
- Early recordings capture her singing along with old Granpa Federico as he played an electric sitar that he had designed and built himself.Advertisement
- That role came along in the form of Little Ashes, a movie that focuses on the lives of artist Salvador Dali, writer Federico Garcia Larca and filmmaker Luis Bunuel.