Feddans sentence example
- The ancient system of basin irrigation is still pursued in Upper Egypt, though by the end of 1907 over 320,000 feddans of land formerly under basin irrigation had been given, at a cost of over £E3,000,000, perennial irriga- irrigation tion.
- Out of 1,153,759 proprietors of land in 1905, 1,005,705 owned less than 5 feddans.
- The number of proprietors owning over 50 feddans was 12,475.
- Over 1,600,000 feddans were held in holdings of from 5 to sofeddans.
- He paid considerable attention to sheep-breeding and agriculture, and by a canal which he had dug from Fuah to Alexandria not only assisted commerce but brought 100,000 feddans under cultivation.Advertisement