Farrar sentence example
- In 1555 Bishop Farrar of St David's was publicly burned for heresy under Queen Mary at the Market Cross, which was ruthlessly destroyed in 1846 to provide a site for General Nott's statue.
- Hammond and George Farrar, who in conjunction with Charles Leonard had made the arrangements with Jameson - were sentenced to death, the sentence being after some months' imprisonment commuted to a fine of £25,000 each.
- General Botha was defeated at Pretoria East by Sir Percy Fitzpatrick, and at Georgetown - a Rand constituency - Mr Hull was beaten by Sir George Farrar.
- Farrar, Lives of the Fathers, ii.
- Farrar's romance Gathering Clouds gives a good picture of the man and his times.Advertisement
- The polls were remarkable for the defeat of three ministers - General Botha (by Sir Percy Fitzpatrick) at Pretoria East, Mr Hull (by Sir George Farrar) on the Rand, and Mr Moor in Natal.
- In the Gorham controversy of 1850, in the question of Oxford reform in 18J4, in the prosecution of some of the writers of Essays and Reviews, especially of Benjamin Jowett, in 1863, in the question as to the reform of the marriage laws from 1849 to the end of his life, in the Farrar controversy as to the meaning of everlasting punishment in 1877, he was always busy with articles, letters, treatises and sermons.
- R. A. H. Farrar deals with the sources of black burnished ware, and this includes a good section on pottery production methods.
- Farrar (Seekers after God): " He regarded himself as being, in fact, the servant of all.
- Her publisher, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, has confirmed the stories as well.Advertisement
- In addition, Australian songwriter John Farrar wrote and produced two of the album's biggest hits including Hopelessly Devoted to You, and You're the One That I Want.
- Farrar went on to continue to work with his fellow Aussie Newton-John throughout her career and wrote and produced music for her hit albums Physical and Xanadu.