Faraj sentence example
- One of the principal MS. sources used is the great Kitdb al-Aghani (Book of Songs) of Abu Faraj, which has since been published (20 vols., Boulak, 1868) in Egypt; but no publication of texts can deprive the Essai, which is now very rare, of its value as a trustworthy guide through a tangled mass of tradition.
- According to the custom that had so often proved disastrous, a young son of Barkuk, Faraj, then aged thirteen, was appointed sultan under the guardianship of two amirs.
- In the following year (September 29th, 1402) Timur who had in the interval inflicted a crushing defeat on the Ottoman sultan, sent to demand homage from Faraj, and his demand was readily granted, together with the delivery of the princes who had sought refuge from Timur in Egyptian territory.
- The death of Timur in February 1405 restored Egyptian authority in Syria, which, however, became a rendezvous for all who were discontented with the rule of Faraj and his amirs, and two months after Timurs death was in open rebellion against Faraj.
- Although Faraj succeeded in.Advertisement
- The building of the fortress of Iladath having been completed, Harlan committed to Faraj the Turk the task of rebuilding and fortifying the city of Tarsus.
- Faraj had set himself up as a prophet, claiming to be Dhu`l-Qarnain (Alexander the Great) risen from the dead.