Farah sentence example
- At the town of Farah it has a width of 150 yds.
- FARAH, a river of Afghanistan.
- The lower valley of the Farah Rud is fertile and well cultivated.
- Farah, Afghanistan >>
- Farah River >>Advertisement
- distant from Herat on the N.W., by Girishk and Farah - Girishk being 75 m., and Farah 225 m.
- The one great high road from Herat and the Persian frontier to India is that which passes by Farah and crosses the Helmund at Girishk.
- Although Farah has been governed from Kandahar since 1863, its revenues are not reckoned as a part of those of the province.
- in height (Shah Fuladi, the highest, is 16,870), and from them to the south-west long spurs divide the upper tributaries of the Helmund, and separate its basin from that of the Farah Rud.
- Between Kandahar and Herat there is the recognized trade route which crosses the Helmund at Girishk and passes through Farah and Sabzawar.Advertisement
- FARAH, a town of Afghanistan.
- In the districts east of Farah are to be found the most fanatical of the Durani Afghan tribes.
- In the demands of the British Government was included the cession by Persia of places such as Farah and Sabzewar, which had been taken during the war from the Afghans, as well Difficulty as reparation for the violence offered to the courier of ~ the British legation.
- In the early spring the existence of a lake could only be certified by pools or hollows of water formed at the mouths of the principal feeders, such as the Khash Rud on the north-east, the Farah Rud on the north-west, and the Helmund, where its old bed terminates at no great distance from the Khash Rud.
- of Kandahar, bordering the road which leads from Kandahar to Herat via Farah.Advertisement
- The report on tell ell el Farah (N) recorded a sacred site in the Assyrian period.
- Throw in a beautiful damsel in distress in the form of Princess Farah, and you're in for one hell of a ride.