Familiae sentence example
- His extant works are (a) three poems, "The Praises of Wemen" (224 lines), "On Luve" (10 lines), and "The Miseries of a Pure Scholar" (189 lines), and (b) a Latin account of the Arbuthnot family, Originis et Incrementi Arbuthnoticae Familiae Descriptio Historica (still in MS.), of which an English continuation, by the father of Dr John Arbuthnot, is preserved in the Advocates' Library, Edinburgh.
- Familiae of gladiators were kept by private speculators, who hired them out; they were sometimes owned by men of high rank.
- Several special examples and other indirect indications show that the wealthier Romans possessed large familiae.
- 27-29; Anna Comnena's Life; see also Du Cange, Familiae Byzantinae; Friedrich Wilken, Rerum ab Alexio I., Joanne, Manuele et Alexio II.
- Mus., 1859), and Rivisio Familiae Mantidarum (London, 1889); L.Advertisement
- 4, which is sometimes quoted to prove the existence of processions at this date, appears to use procedere in the same way as the above passages; "sl procedendum erit, nunquam magis familiae occupatio obveniat.
- Two curious tracts, the "De moribus pueri ad mensam" (printed by Wynkyn de Worde) and the "Statuta familiae Roberti Grosseteste" (printed by J.
- 5, part I (1903); Walter Friedensburg, "Ein rotulus familiae Papst Leos X.," in Quellen u.