False impression sentence example
- The last designation, which became the current one, was un doubtedly unfortunate, and has conveyed to many a false impression of Scottish philosophy.
- Moreover, a false impression is conveyed by the nomenclature, as the second subordinate series is much more closely related to the principal series than the first subordinate series.
- The advantage of numerical marks is that they are more easily manipulated than symbols; the disadvantage, that they produce the false impression that merit can be estimated with mathematical accuracy.
- That Christ died for us, and that we are saved by him, is indeed the living truth of the Church in all ages, and a false impression of the fact is given by dwelling upon theories as if they were central.
- To state the theory is, however, to risk giving an entirely false impression of the facts.Advertisement
- For it is evident from what has been said that the way in which we commonly speak of "facts" is calculated to convey a false impression.
- As objects lying near us appear smaller in the case of hypercentric transmission than those lying farther from us, we receive a false impression of the spatial arrangement of the object.
- It is not surprising, therefore, that comparatively little of the rainfall over the vast extent of the great central plain ever reaches the sea by way of the river systems; indeed these systems as usually shown on the maps leave a false impression as to the actual condition of things.
- In Europe a false impression of the yak is prevalent, owing to the fact that all the specimens imported have belonged either to a small domesticated breed from Darjiling, or to half-breeds; the latter being generally black and white, instead of the uniform Domesticated Yak, Bos (Poephagus) grunniens.
- When you go shopping at a jewelers, the jewelry is often displayed to advantage with the lighting hitting stones in a way that can sometimes give a false impression of a diamond's true quality.Advertisement
- This gives visitors the false impression that they have come to the end of available information which may cause them to leave your page to look for information elsewhere.