Falkenstein sentence example
- Caub, first mentioned in the year 983, originally belonged to the lords of Falkenstein, passed in 1277 to the Rhenish Palatinate, and attained civic rights in 1324.
- 12 1842, his father - Augustus, Baron Marschall von Biebersteinbeing chamberlain to the Grand Duke of Baden, and his mother before her marriage Baroness von Falkenstein.
- Falkenstein's gorilla, exhibited at the Westminster aquarium under the name of pongo, and afterwards at the Berlin aquarium, survived for eighteen months.
- On the 16th of July the Prussian troops, under General Vogel von Falkenstein, entered the town, and on the 18th of October it was formally incorporated with the Prussian state.
- The old town of Budweis was founded in the 13th century by Budivoj Vitkovec, father of Zavis of Falkenstein.Advertisement
- is regulated by the appetite of the patient himself, but a system of cure has been inaugurated by Dr Brehmer at Gorbersdorf, by Dr Dettweiler at Falkenstein, and by Dr Walther at Nordrach, in the Black Forest.
- All power was, however, in the hands of Zavis of Falkenstein, one of the great Bohemian nobles, who had married the king's mother, Kunegunda.
- The sheltered position and warm climate have led also to the establishment of the health resorts of Falkenstein (1875) and Schmitten, and of tourist centres at Konigstein, Cronberg and Ober Ursel.
- Above Falkenstein stand the ruins of the ancestral castle of Kuno, the powerful archbishop of Trier; above Konigstein are the remains of a fortress of like name, formerly belonging to the electors of Mainz, and destroyed by the French in 1796; on Altkonig are two concentric lines of pre-Roman fortifications, 4557 and 2982 ft.
- Falkenstein, "The German Baptist Brethren, or Dunkers," part 8 of "Pennsylvania: The German Influence in its Settlement and Development," in vol.Advertisement