Falguiere sentence example
- W Story) in the grounds of the Smithsonian Institution, of John Marshall (by Story) on the west terrace of the Capitol, of General Andrew Jackson (by Clark Mills) and, in Lafayette Square, of the Marquis de Lafayette (by Falguiere and Mercie), of the Comte de Rochambeau (by F.
- As.) Falguiere, Jean Alexandre Joseph (1831-1900), French sculptor and painter, was born at Toulouse.
- Falguiere was a painter as well as a sculptor, but somewhat inferior in merit.
- See Leonce Benedite, Alexandre Falguiere, Librairie de l'art (Paris).
- He entered the Ecole des Beaux Arts, Paris, and studied under Falguiere and Jouffroy, and in 1868 gained the Grand Prix de Rome.Advertisement