Falconeri sentence example
- A gigantic swan, Cygnus falconeri, is known from the Zebug cavern in Malta.
- MARKHOR (" snake-eater"), the Pushtu name of a large Himalayan wild goat (Capra falconeri), characterized by its spirally twisted horns, and long shaggy winter coat.
- The twist of the horns varies to a great extent locally, the spiral being most open and corkscrew-like in the typical Astor animal, and closest and most screw-like in the race (C. falconeri jerdoni) inhabiting the Suleiman and adjacent ranges.
- The ibex are connected with the wild goat by means of Capra nubiana, in which the front edge of the horns is thinner than in either the European C. ibex or the Asiatic C. sibirica; while the Spanish C. pyrenaica shows how the ibex-type of horn may pass into the spirally twisted one distinctive of the markhor, C. falconeri.
- Falconeri, with trusses of white bell-shaped flowers 2 inches across.Advertisement
- Rhododendron Falconeri - A noble kind thriving in Cornish gardens, with oblong leaves about 10 inches long, coated beneath with reddish down, dark green, slightly downy and curiously wrinkled above.