Faits sentence example
- Recherches sur les causes des principaux faits physiques, par J.
- In the case of these minor works the attribution to Chastellain is in some cases erroneous, notably in the case of the Livre des faits de Jacques de Lalain, which is the work of Lefebvre de Saint-Remi, herald of the Golden Fleece.
- Thus, in a French pseudo-historic romance, Les Faits des Romains (c. 1223), he receives the honour of a bishopric. His name was not usually associated with the marvellous, and the trouvere of Huon de Bordeaux outstepped the usual sober tradition when he made Oberon the son of Julius Caesar and Morgan la Fay.
- A prose compilation by an unknown author, Les Faits des Romains (c. 1225), has little resemblance to the last two works, although mainly derived from the same sources.
- (Paris, 1885), where the Faits des Romains is analysed at length; A.Advertisement
- Etude des doctrines et des faits economiques (Paris, 1906).
- While canon regular and librarian of the abbey of St Genevieve at Paris, he conducted a correspondence with Archbishop Wake on the subject of episcopal succession in England, which supplied him with material for his work, Dissertation sur la validite des ordinations des Anglais et sur la succession des eveques de l'Eglise anglicane, avec les preuves justificatives des faits avances (Brussels, 1723; Eng.