Fairmount sentence example
- In Wichita are Fairmount College (Congregational; co-educational; organized as a preparatory school in 1892 and as a college in 1895); Friends' University (Society of Friends; co-educational; 1898); and Mount Carmel Academy and the Pro-Cathedral School (both Roman Catholic).
- There is a statue of Witherspoon in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, and another on the University Library at Princeton.
- The principal cemeteries are Mount Pleasant, overlooking the Passaic in the northern part of the city, and Fairmount in the western part; about 1894 the remains of the early settlers were removed from the Old 1 The river channel before improvement had a navigable depth of 7 ft.
- Burying Ground to Fairmount Cemetery and placed in a large vault marked by a monument.
- The Zoological Gardens in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, resemble the gardens of the Zoological Society of London, on which they were modelled.Advertisement
- He is best known for his plastic representations of the North American Indian - especially for "The Signal of Peace" in Lincoln Park, Chicago, and "The Medicine Man," in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia.
- It is built for the most part on level ground at the foot of high bluffs; and has several parks, the most attractive of which, commanding fine views, is Fairmount Park.
- In 1862 parts of the townships of Orange, Caldwell and Livingston were united into a new township named Fairmount.
- Parts of its territory were included in South Orange and Fairmount (now West Orange) in 1861 and 1862 respectively, and in 1863 East Orange was created out of part of Orange.
- Among the many smaller colleges are Washburn College (Congregational, 1869) at Topeka, the Southwest Kansas College (Methodist Episcopal, opened 1886) at Winfield, the College of Emporia (Presbyterian, 1883) at Emporia, Bethany College (Lutheran, 1881) at Lindsborg, Fairmount College (non-sectarian, 1895) at Wichita, St Mary's College (Roman Catholic,1869)at St Mary's, and Ottawa University (Baptist, 1865) at Ottawa.Advertisement
- In collaboration with Edward C. Potter he modelled the "Washington," presented to France by the Daughters of the American Revolution; the "General Grant" in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia, and the "General Joseph Hooker" in Boston.
- Hayslip Design is located at 2604 Fairmount Street Dallas, TX 75201 and their phone number is (214) 871-9106.