Fairford sentence example
- Descended from a family which had attained some legal eminence in the time of the Commonwealth, John Keble, the father of the poet, was vicar of Coln St Aldwyn, but lived at Fairford, about 3 m.
- In 1823 he returned to Fairford, there to assist his father, and with his brother to serve one or two small and poorly endowed curacies in the neighbourhood of Coln.
- It was in 1827, a few years after he settled at Fairford, that he published the Christian Year.
- In 1835 Keble's father died at the age of ninety, and soon after this his son married Miss Clarke, left Fairford, and settled at Hursley vicarage in Hampshire, a living to which he had been presented by his friend and attached pupil, Sir William Heathcote, and which continued to be Keble's home and cure for the remainder of his life.
- There were a lot of soldiers billeted in Fairford; the cook's husband was overseas in the Army.Advertisement
- Air refueling tankers + 700 troops will be in Fairford March to Sept this year.
- At one stage we even had a Jazz band play at a benefit for the family that included US servicemen from nearby RAF Fairford !